Monday 24 March 2008

Green living ideas blog roundup


Green Roof, originally uploaded by pnwra. Here's a lovely example of a green roof from Canada.
Picture courtesy: Flickr.


I've read some interesting blog posts on green living ideas recently - many of them from Melbourne writers. So I thought I would do a tour of some of the great ideas I've come across.

Over at Republic of Moreland, talk has been about green roofs - or groofs as they are sometimes known as. The Republic has been experimenting with a green rooftop - first attempt was on top of the chook shed - and there is a nice little guide to where to find more information. Take a look here.

Over at Loobylu, Claire recently posted on what it was like to go a month without spending money on anything but necessities. I don't know about you, but I've still not given myself this challenge, although it might be a healthy way to break my serious magazine and takeaway coffee addiction. Claire went the whole month of February. Take a look here.

At Simply Living, it's been all about the chook and I am always inspired when I read this blog about what can be achieved in a typical backyard. For all you need to know about chooks in the garden and how many eggs they produce, have a look here.

And over at Nikki Shell, I always enjoy reading about Nikki's amazing recipes and am inspired by how much she creates from scratch, including her bread recipes. Take a look here.

No comments: